Hilary McCart, Account Executive, Unum
This study examines the impact of key economic, regulatory and marketplace challenges facing employers. The study covers two main areas of inquiry: broad macro trends and employee benefits trends, including Unum experience. Topics include:
- Economic pressures of rising health care costs;
- Health care reform mandates and tax implications;
- Employee engagement and productivity challenges;
- Administrative demands, including leave/absence management;
- Increased employee financial vulnerability;
- Shift in employee retirement age; and
- Unum benefit sales trends
This study also discusses the implications of these trends for employers:
- Employers will continue to look for new strategies and tools to control healthcare costs, particularly consumer driven health plans;
- Employers will need to consider offering flexible benefit packages to accommodate an increasingly diverse workforce;
- As employees are given more responsibility for making health and financial benefits decisions, employers will need to provide them with effective tools, support and educational information to assist in decision-making; and
- Employers increasingly will recognize the importance of tracking and managing the time and costs involved in employee absences, and will look for strategies and tools in this area.
All rights reserved. This video is for private use only. Any unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or exhibition of all or any part of this video without written permission is prohibited.