Health Reform Essentials for Employers
Mark W. Major, J.D.
Law Office of Mark W. Major, P.C.
This program will provide information essential to employers planning for compliance with Health Reform requirements. Among the topics to be covered will be:
- Brief overview of individual mandate and Exchanges
- What is a “small” or “large” employer for purposes of the Exchange and employer play-or-pay assessment
- What are the key factors in evaluating exposure to the play-or-pay employer assessment
- The basic rules and safe harbors for identifying 30 hour/week full-time employees
- Updates on grandfather plan status, nondiscrimination, cafeteria plans, and more
Mark Major has over 30 years experience with employee benefit plan legal compliance as in-house ERISA counsel, as a lead U.S. compliance attorney for Mercer Consulting, and as outside legal council. Mark’s law practice specializes in health, welfare and retirement benefits law supporting small and large employers, as well as third party administrators and insurance brokers on matters such as wellness program compliance, dependent eligibility audits, COBRA, merger and acquisition transaction support, governance and fiduciary assessment and training, HIPAA privacy and security, nondiscrimination testing and strategy, plan documents, vendor contracts, and general compliance review and strategy under federal and state laws impacting employee benefit plans, including health reform legislation.
All rights reserved. This video is for private use only. Any unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or exhibition of all or any part of this video without written permission is prohibited.