Employer Duty to Provide Coverage – What Do I Need to Do Next?
Mark W. Major, J.D., Law Office of Mark W. Major, P.C.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Brief review of how to determine large employer status.
- Transition relief for non-calendar year plans
- Measurement and stability periods – when used and how they work
- Rules for classifying employees as full time, variable hour, seasonal and “ongoing”
- Structuring measurement and stability periods for current (ongoing) employees
- Structuring measurement and stability periods for variable hour and seasonal employees
- Impact of rehire and break in service rules
- Health Insurance Marketplace Model Notice
- What else to include
- How to respond to employee questions
- Fiduciary duties in terms of complete and accurate responses
- Health Reform Employer Impact Analysis Tool
- Sample report
Download the presentation handouts below:
- Full Presentation (PDF, 1.9MB)
All rights reserved. This video is for private use only. Any unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or exhibition of all or any part of this video without written permission is prohibited.